[Ti] CD writing software that's smart?

Paul Russell prussell at sonic.net
Mon Jan 26 07:23:24 PST 2004

On Jan 26, 2004, at 12:50 AM, Robert Nicholson wrote:

> Backup doesn't run unless it can find a .mac account.
>
> That is why it's outrageous Apple tied this product to their .mac
> product.

Really ? So even if you have a .Mac account and you happen to be
offline you can't use Backup to backup to CD ?

OK - so I just tried this - I disconnected my Ethernet connection,
started up Backup, it spent a few seconds looking for my iDisk and then
gave me the expected error message, offering to let me change my
network prefs or just hit OK. So I hit OK and it proceeded to the
dialog where you get to backup to either CD or DVD. I don't see a
problem here.

Paul