[Ti] CD writing software that's smart?

Paul Russell prussell at sonic.net
Tue Jan 27 08:35:20 PST 2004

On Jan 27, 2004, at 7:43 AM, Robert Nicholson wrote:

> I believe I've added value to this forum.
>
> How can I use the program if I don't have a .mac subscription.

Looking at <http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/backup.html> it
does say:

System Requirements:
— Mac OS X 10.2 or later
— Active .Mac account

So it would seem that Apple is being quite up front about the need to
have a .Mac account (although from what I've observed this is not
rigidly enforced and you can use Backup even when you're offline and/or
you have deleted your .Mac account info).

I guess the bottom line is: if you don't like the terms and conditions
then use one of the many other options that are better suited to your
needs.

Paul