[Ti] recent security update and mail app

Jared Jenkins jaredjenkins at mac.com
Wed Jan 28 16:01:41 PST 2004

On Jan 28, 2004, at 4:27 PM, T Molnar wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with the mail app after
> updating with the latest security software apple sent along?
>
> If I try to click more than about 5 emails, one after the other,
> highlighting them as junk,
> mail app crashes.
>
> It also doesn't seem to filtering the junk to the trash.
>
> Any idea what's going on?
>
> The filtering will work if I leave it going to my inbox as training,
> and then
> hit the remove junk button in the pref's.
>
> Any insight would be welcome
>
> thanks everyone,
> tim

Tim,

I had a problem like this awhile ago.  Mail would crash whenever it
tried to put a message into the junk mailbox.  Someone on Satori
suggested deleting the ~/Library/Mail/LSMMap2 file.  This contains the
info used by the Junk mail filter.  After trashing it, my problems
stopped and Junk Mail worked fine.

Jared