[Ti] CD writing software that's smart?

David david.powerbook at firemail.de
Fri Jan 30 13:45:24 PST 2004

On 1/30/04 10:33 AM, "Robert Nicholson" <robert at elastica.com> wrote:

> I am beginning to understand all the stories I've heard about mac
> zealots are all about.

Let me get this right - you (s)troll in here making a big stink about a
program you don't even use. You ignore explanations that it is a .Mac gimme
and instead complain it is unfair - even suggest it is a nefarious plot on
Apple's part tying the users to a proprietary backup format. You ignored my
post informing you the backup format is only as proprietary as the Finder
is. That's right - Backup uses no proprietary backup format - the files are
saved as uncompressed Finder files. They can be restored by simple drag and
drop although a multiple CD backup would make that a little onerous. In
other words Robert - if you use Back and later drop .Mac you are not
screwed.

But hey, you figured us for Mac Zealots and had already decided even over
the internet Job's reality distortion kept us in thrall. You already had it
in your mind that we are Mac users and therefore gullible and have more
money than brains.

[snip]

> I've not been convinced by any argument that it makes sense to tie
> Backup to .mac thru the optional use of the iDisk is a backup medium.
> Yes that's how it is and I probably cannot change it but that shouldn't
> stop me expressing my doubts about why it is.

Robert, I suspect we couldn't convince you the grass is green and the sky
blue. You have your mind made up and won't let the facts stand in your way.
You are welcome to argue this as much as you like but that doesn't mean we
have to listen to you.

> Anyway this thread can die if you let it.

You are the one who keeps coming back with new bones to fling at it. And now
before I forget - ah, that's better. You gotta love an email program that
makes it so easy to filter.

Hey, you don't have any problem with the fact that Apple supplies an email
program that forces you to have an ISP do you?

david
"When will the public cease to insult the teacher's calling with
empty flattery? When will men who would never for a moment encourage
their own sons to enter the work of the public schools cease to tell
us that education is the greatest and noblest of all human callings?"
-William C. Bagley