cloning a drive

Eric EricDD at myrealbox.com
Fri Jan 30 15:41:51 PST 2004

hi: i have a question abut my cloning my drive.

i just bought a new 60 gig drive for my 667 dvi and a firewire case for
the original drive.  i think i will just clone my drive to the new one
as everything is running well and is stable.

is this the proper procedure:   put the new drive in the firewire case
- clone my drive to it - and then pop it out and install it in my
powerbook.

or, do i have to clone to a another drive that won't be removed, in
other words, clone to a third drive, then install the new drive and
then  clone my stuff to the new installed one?   my question is, in
essence, is it ok to remove the new drive from the firewire case after
i cloned my data and then install it, or will removing it from the case
  somehow mess up my data.

does this make sense?   thanks for the help, eric