[Ti] cloning a drive

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Fri Jan 30 20:04:52 PST 2004

--On Friday, January 30, 2004 03:41 PM -0800 Eric <EricDD at myrealbox.com>
wrote:

> is this the proper procedure:   put the new drive in the firewire case -
> clone my drive to it - and then pop it out and install it in my powerbook.

I believe so. Once your system and data is installed on the disk, it doesn't
matter where it is, internal or external. You will probably have to start up
with the option key down to select it for booting. Once the system is up, you
can then set the startup disk in the preferences.

Boot and run from the new disk while still in the external case to verify
your clone worked OK before disassembling everything.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com