clock reset without battery?

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Fri Jul 2 07:30:04 PDT 2004

Malcolm Cornelius <malcolm at fireflyuk.net> wrote re: Ti PRAM batteries:
>The 400/500 are a bank of cells the 550/667 are just one or two, can't
>remember what the DVI look like.
The 400/500 'Books use a flat pack (part # 616-0114 on the pack) of four
rechargable cells (VL2330 cells.) If building a replacement pack, keep in
mind you must use VL type replacement cells. Regular Lithium cells (such
as those used in cameras, etc.) are _NOT_ suitable.

The later TiBooks use a single LiIon cell (marked MH2210, from a 550 I
have in front of me) attached to its own little charging controller PCB.
The entire package (cell and PCB) is normally replaced as a unit, though
I reckon one could replace just the cell if one could find a source.

Either pack type is readily replaceable, they're located just above the
optical drive. Remove the bottom plate and lift out the optical,
easy-peazy. The PRAM batts are stuck in place with double-sided tape,
just a bit of pulling and prying will unstick 'em.

hth,

Dan K

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700