[Ti] Soft Beep from Ti

Melinda Stamp mstamp at chartermi.net
Fri Jul 2 16:18:05 PDT 2004

>Let's assume you run OSX. If you create a new user and log in to that
>new account, while being logged out of your normal account, does the
>beeping still occur?
>
>Did you by change install any programs around a month back?

Thanks, Arjan -- your questions gave me a clue and I figured it out.  The
beep is apparently made when the HP Communications process is trying to
connect via USB to my Photosmart 1215 printer (installed about a month
ago.)  I hear the beep every three seconds when the printer is plugged in
-- whether the printer is off or on.  When I log out, it stops and starts
when I log in again, even with a clean user account (10.3.3.)    When I
unplug the USB cable from the back of the TiBook, the beeping stops.  I
should have figured it had something to do with the HP software.

Thanks again.

--
Melinda Stamp
Marquette, Michigan, USA