[Ti] iTunes bypassing Canada [OT - RANT]

cheshirekat cheshirekat at pobox.com
Mon Jul 5 13:07:58 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jul 5, 20044:43 PM, the following words from Lisbeth Zachs
zachs at swedenmail.com, emerged from a plethora of SPAM ...

>Music Store both said and written sounds much nicer. :-)

But, it is not just a generic Music Store - it is Apple's iTunes Music
Store. You don't use it without iTunes no matter what country you are in.
The abbreviation of iTMS has been used by a lot of people already, so you
are sure to see it more frequently. I also use those initials because
people so far know what it is on other forums and mailing lists.

If those initials cause "so bad a vibrations that I'm not sure I want to
use it when we get it in Sweden"
then not using it will be your choice - possibly your loss. Though
chances are good that you'll be interested enough to ride out those bad
vibrations. ;-)

To you it apparently "Sounds like a Monthly Syndrome of some sort or
something created by
MicroSoft." but since Microsoft didn't create it, I wouldn't be surprised
if they are looking for ways to squash it or patent a technology used to
make it possible. I'm sure that once you are able to use it, and want to
discuss it with others, the iTMS abbreviation won't cause you any adverse
effects.

For me and my PowerBook, it's all good. :-)

cheshirekat

--
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible
is music.

* 867 PowerBook G4 * OS X 10.2.8 * 768 MB Ram *