[Ti] Late model Titaniums

Jeff Nantais jeff at apheximaging.com
Thu Jul 8 05:27:00 PDT 2004

I got an 867Mhz Ti - and I have to say, with the 3rd cache it is
definitely fast enough.
Fast enough for me to pretty much leave my dual 1.25Ghz G4 sitting
there doing nothing but 3D rendering work.
For everyday tasks in Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Illustrator and
the like, the Ti performs equally as well as the dual G4.
My Ti's Airport reception is just slightly less than my Wife's iBook G4
1Ghz with Extreme, but not enough for me to care.
I was using a Linksys card, but the pain of removing the PCMCIA card
every time you put the Ti in a case is not worth the marginal (if any)
gain in reception.
I also find the whole 802.11G vs. 802.11B thing not worth the hassle
either. If I'm going to move 1Gb of files - then I'll plug into 100tx
ethernet.  I really only use the wireless for email/web access and
dropping the odd image or document on another machine anyway.

My 2 cents.

Jeff Nantais - Technical Director
Aphex Imaging Inc. - http://www.apheximaging.com