[Ti] Pet Shop Boys + Powerbook

luke etyrnal at ameritech.net
Sun Jul 11 08:56:19 PDT 2004

On Sunday, July 11, 2004, at 01:07  AM, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> I happened to see The Pet Shop Boys playing on a show on BBC
> television last night, and saw that the keyboard player had a
> (Titanium?) Powerbook open right up there in front of him, where you
> might have sheet music positioned, if you were playing from written
> music.

the music was likely written using the powerbook...

and is likely recreating a LOT of it live...

>  The 'Book and Apple logo were very visible.

way to go apple marketing!

> I have never seen this before.

it is extremely common...  some bands have three or more running the
show...

> WHAT exactly would he be using a Powerbook for ?

exactly - not certain...

but that power book could have been controlling lighting, video
displays, it could have been running 'virtual synths', it could have
been recording the show, it could have been running the playlists,
Cubase SX, Logic Platinum, ProTools, Reason, Live, Absynth, etc etc etc
etc...

i replaced an ENTIRE recording studio FULL of gear with one single 867
MHz powerbook...  and the new ones can do even more...

> (Question to the musician component of this List)
>
> regards,  Trevor

peace