[Ti] Pet Shop Boys + Powerbook

Victor Eijkhout eijkhout at cs.utk.edu
Mon Jul 12 21:40:52 PDT 2004

>>Logic vs Cubase: I'm not going there. That's as bad as Mac vs PC,
>>or emacs vs vi. Perl vs Python.
>
>most people who argue Cubase vs Logic...  are either ignorant of the
>other platform, or are egotistical 'pros'...

Nah. I had Cubase till 5.1, which went horrendously unstable on me.
Reinstalling (even reinstalling the system) didn't solve it. I
thought Logic was an attractive package (especially the Emagic
synths) so I bought the Big Box special. Last week I upgraded to
Logic Pro.

I didn't find it complicated at all. Sure, you can make it
complicated, but the standard AutoLoad has everything wired so that
you can do most everything from one Arrange window. The only thing
that really baffled me was wiring multiple outs to a multi-channel,
multi-timbral synth. But then, I never did that in Cubase so I don't
know how easy it is.

And now that Steinberg seems to treat Mac user as unwanted
stepchildren, I'm glad I made the move.

Still, I think it's a matter of taste, so this is all I'm going to
write about it. If Cubase does it for you, more power to you. (I'll
just point out that I have ES2, EVD6, EVB3 &c. Neener neener :-)
--
Victor Eijkhout <eijkhout at cs.utk.edu>, 329 Claxton, Comp Sci, UT,
Knoxville TN 37996.