[Ti] Ti Power Supplies

Glenn L. Austin glenn at austin-home.com
Tue Jul 27 08:34:52 PDT 2004

on 7/27/04 5:51 AM, Anthony Yeo at ayeo at ozemail.com.au wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a first model Ti, ie a 400Mhz, that came with the round hockey
> puck 45w power supply, and I also have a 867 DVI Ti that came with
> the white 65?w power supply.
>
> Both have the same size plug.  Can I power and charge the older
> 400MHz Ti with the newer power supply?  Makes it easier when
> travelling with both units.
>
> What are the issues with using the older power supply with the newer
> 867MHz Ti Book? I gather it wont properly charge the battery.

We've got three of the older power supplies (from my old 500MHz TiBook and
my wife's iceBook) and my new power supply for my 1.25 AlBook.

The only "problem" that I have is when the AlBook must go to sleep -- the
newer power supply has enough "juice" to permit me to turn the machine on
immediately after plugging back in, the older ones don't.

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver