14 ounce powerbook sim

Eric Forat forat at uol.com.br
Fri Jun 4 10:26:25 PDT 2004

Hi khyber,

>> I don't know whether to be happy or sad that most of the case
>> details are taken directly from Apple's Powerbook line. No
>> coincidence that
>> their "history of computers" video shows a Blue G3, Cube, iMac, then a
>> Titanium, but no AlBook, since theirs is so obviously a copy (other
>> than the
>> perforated door taken directly from the TiBooks, and there's a
>> healthy dose
>> of the soon to be discontinued Clie line).

Rather it pays homage to Apple's ligne of design, IMHO, as imitation is
...etc., etc.

>> This was bound to happen...it is the future and I just hope Apple
>> does it
>> next because it would be so much better than this.

Hear, hear!

But on its real qualities/drawbacks, other than running that Windoze
full to overflowing features crap  (sorry, poop, let's keep to our high
standards ) you'd really have first to get it into your hands to feel
it, as it's evidently just a variation on the size/capabilities
equation in a really portable machine. And how do they call that
epidemic in Japanese youngsters? Acute Bilateral Thumbatitis ?
It seems designed to be used just standing or sitting anywhere.
And what will be said might be: "Hey, where's the phone?","
whaddayamean, it don't take pictures? You kiddin'me?" or even, if Apple
does one, "where's the iPod?"
But a really cute Baby-Mac could be a great hit with female management
and staff.
Or Apple could cut a deal with Blackberry, or... or...
And it also feels a bit expensive, if a new iBook can be had today for
a grand, I think?
But I cannot help but salivate copioussssssly at the thought of a
baby-mac.

best,

eric.