[Ti] eMate 300

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Fri Jun 4 13:16:30 PDT 2004

At 12:56 PM -0700 2004.06.04, George Rothrock wrote:

>I still have mine!  The best "product that was not-mis-un-marketed" by Apple.  I believe it was originally designed for the Education market.  It was essentially a Newton in the coolest, laptop-style case.  It had a proprietary network cable.  I believe the idea was: kids take this thing home, write homework essays, reports, etc., come to school and plug it into the classroom eMate 300 network, which terminated in a server-type app on the teacher's desktop machine, and submitted their work, got the next assignment, sylabus, scedule, etc. all electronically.
>[clipped].  Ah, to dream!
>Thanks for reading!

The eMate300 was indestructible. Transferring files on it was easy. One person hit a Send button and the other hit a Receive button and it worked. Teachers liked it because it was the one machine that they could understand as well as the students.

Although this product was an advanced lightweight portable from Apple, it doesn't totally qualify as on-topic for this list.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)