[Ti] Poll 19

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Mon Jun 7 12:56:45 PDT 2004

Nope.  I'm gonna agree with Richard here.  You want the pixel density
to be as high as possible, without requiring you to either enlarge text
or reduce the resolution setting so that you can read on-screen text.
I already know a very large number of people (my father, for instance)
who always use the Ti or other PowerBook at a lower-than-optimal
resolution, such as 800x600.  These aren't even people with bad
eyesight; maybe in the middle-aged crowd, sure, but it's not just
restricted to a few grandparents here and there.

It is significantly better to have, say, a 1024x768 screen used at that
resolution, than to have a 1600x1200 screen used at 1024x768, as it
will be much more fuzzy.  Already, Apple displays are usually in the
90-105 ppi range, which I think is about right for most people to be
able to read the display without having to change the resolution, which
makes it *much* worse.

I do, however, think they should increase the resolution on the 14"
iBook, and I told them such in a conference call a few weeks ago.