[Ti] eliminating Norton

b fl1pper at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 8 15:11:36 PDT 2004

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>WHERE is this Norton file/message lurking in my Al-book?

If it's displaying a little message window (probably a simple java
message window) at Start-Up, then the file, wherever it is is INIT'd
, meaning it's an init, meaning, it's part of the initialization
process, so, on launch it is an 'executable script, abnd the OS
'executes' it, as it should. (technically) <laughs>,

>Why does it think I have these Norton products still installed?

software doesn't think, it executes (uh, 'theoretically')

~flipper