[Ti] use of inverter

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Wed Jun 9 22:23:55 PDT 2004

I compared info on as many as I could find conveniently last
September, and bought the APC "Mobile Power 140", for $40.
Stumbled with it throughout a few day couple thousand mile
trip, quite satisfactory, and same since.  Being familiar and
happy with a lot of APC UPS stuff was part of my choice, also
price for capacity.  Becomes a little warm in use, not
surprising;  has an on/off switch, which is desirable; has 1
120v 3-prong outlet, at least one other non-major brand had a
2 outlet model.  Haven't had to plug in eg both laptop and cell
phone charger, but I have a short multi-outlet extension cord
I'd just plug in and use.  With this, I don't have any need for
a special auto power supply.

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Anna Dembska wrote:
 . . .
> Does anyone have any experience using an inverter or converter with a
> cigarette-lighter end to plug the standard power supply into a car or
> battery pack? There are 75- 175 watt inverters available from Belkin
> and others for about $30. I'm trying to decide if I can buy one of
> these or if I have to get the auto power supply.
 . . .