use of inverter

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Thu Jun 10 11:36:29 PDT 2004

I've shared a 400 W inverter with my brother a few times on long car
trips; me with either a 15" 500 MHz Ti or a 17" 1 GHz Al; he has a
PowerBook G3.  My mom's Dell laptop would kill the inverter, though.
;-)

You probably want to get something that's rated well over what you plan
to use, though; your PowerBook will draw up to 65 W, maybe slightly
more even.  If you want to use anything else, add its wattage, and then
bump it up some.  If you only want your PowerBook, a 100W inverter
should handle it just fine.  YMMV