[Ti] SMS Via iChat

Kim Gammelgaard kgani at mac.com
Sat Jun 12 05:31:15 PDT 2004

I should add that it is a number of years ago that area codes were abolished
in Denmark as such, so I always wonder why so many forms on the internet,
including Apple's ask for this obsolete information :-)

As a totally OT, a few words about how telephone numbers have evolved in
Denmark. Do skip it if you are busy!

When my parents bought their house, their number used to be

18

Then it became 1018, and I believe that when the central was made automatic,
they got

(09) 421018, (09) being the area code, this particular belonging to the
"Fyns Telefon" company

Then after the 5 regional telephone companies were gathered in one bigger
company, Tele Danmark, now TDC, the area code was scrapped and the first two
digits were changed, so that they now have

6442 1018

Denmark has always been +45, so no change in that.

The fun thing is that I still remember my bank has number 14, my former
dentist number 41 and a good friend of mine's parents is still 63, as in
6442 1063.

Now we have total number mobility, so if you move or change operators, you
can take your number with you, so now you cannot be sure that a number has
the geographical information, that it used to have.

Sorry for the lengthy OT, but this has always had a kind of fascination for
me.

Cheers,

Kim