[Ti] SMS Via iChat

Ted Johansson ted.johansson at pobox.com
Sun Jun 13 04:01:24 PDT 2004

For me (Sweden), it is quite simple. Here are the steps in my view:
1. The phone is already set up to send SMS. (Probably the most
important step!)
2. The phone is connected to the mac. I use bluetooth and a SE T68i.
(Although I have been working for E, I'd like to point out that the SE
phones are usually the most BT-"mature" phones.)
3. The adressbook then has a bluetooth-symbol button up left in the
main window, so I can connect the adressbook directly to the phone.
4. When connected, if I right-click a persons telephone number, there
are two useful alternatives: "call this person using..." and the name
of my phone (text is in Swedish, but the meaning is the same), and "SMS
message".
5. Right-click "SMS message" and a text dialog appears. Compose your
message and send it. It takes only a few seconds and then a beep
confirms that the message has arrived to the phone.
6. The format of the phone number is the same as I would use for normal
vocie call using my phone.

/Ted