[Ti] battery in AlBook17

Justin R. Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Thu Jun 24 09:04:53 PDT 2004

On Jun 24, 2004, at 11:39 AM, silvo conticello wrote:

> Yesterday I've calibrated the battery (wow, it lasted so long...) and
> I've recharged it to 100%, but now it has dropped to 99% (although the
> computer has been  always plugged) and the battery status indicates
> that the battery is charged.
> I've tried to use the battery to let it down to 94% and then recharge
> to 100% few times today, but after few minutes at 100% it always drops
> to 99%.

I believe (and I'm certain someone knows more about this than me) that
the battery actually trickles down to the range of 95% or so even when
plugged in and then automatically charges back up to 100%, showing that
the battery is charged all the way.  It continually repeats this cycle,
charging to 100%, trickling down to 95%, then charging back up again,
as long as it is plugged in.

As to why this happens, I don't know.  But that behavior seems normal
based on what I've heard and/or read.

--
Justin R. Miller
incanus at codesorcery.net