[Ti] battery in AlBook17

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Fri Jun 25 08:58:51 PDT 2004

This is a behavior actually designed to prolong the battery's lifetime.
  It was a change made around the Gigabit models or somewhere else
mid-Titanium line.  It prevents a lot of very short charge-discharge
cycles, whether from the battery normally just losing some of its
charge over time, or if you unplug for only a minute or two.

In general, Lithium-Ion batteries have a certain number of charge
cycles, and fractional charge cycles count for a fractional part
against the life; if your battery has 500 cycles left in it, and you
drain it to 80% left then recharge it, it now has about 499.8 charge
cycles left.
Anyway, the idea is to prevent it from continually charging that last
1% back up when it is lost, and only resort to charging when the level
gets low enough that it could start affecting your runtime.