[Ti] Albook hinge question

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Sat Jun 26 08:47:16 PDT 2004

on 04/06/26 07:59, Colin Buttimer at c.buttimer at mdx.ac.uk wrote:

> I've had my 15" Albook for a few months and the hinge has gradually become
> more reluctant - to the point now where it loudly cracks every time I open
> it. Do you think WD40 would be safe to use as lubricant - if not, I'd
> appreciate suggestions.

Do not use WD-40, since it can easily travel to the circuit board contacts
or other places where it can cause trouble.  I would ignore it, or if it
gets really bad, take it to an Apple store and see if they want to try and
fix it.  If that screen goes its $1000, so do not do anything which might
void your warranty.