[Ti] AIM, iChat, etc

Chris Scott crscott at newsguy.com
Sat Jun 26 10:13:07 PDT 2004

Here's link to an Apple support article on the subject of the ports
used by iChat AV:

It seems to me that you could simply go into System
Preferences>Sharing>Firewall, turn the firewall on, and make sure
that iChat AV is unchecked.  I don't know which ports are used by
AIM, but that might be addressed in the article.  You would simply
use the dialogue in the firewall window to add those ports, and
verify they are unchecked.

I do not personally know this will work, but it's worth a try, and it
seems logical...

Chris Scott
Connolly & Castagna, L.L.P.
4611 Bee Cave Road, Suite 201