[Ti] Dead PC Card Slot

b fl1pper at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 27 03:49:56 PDT 2004

Sam Hotchkiss paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>So my TiBook (1ghz, superdrive, 1gb RAM) isn't seeing PC Cards!  any
>ideas for things to try before bringing it in for service?

Hi Sam,

Check the System Profiler, at least to see if the Ti-Book 'thinks' it
has a PCI circuit. It probably does, since your installed video card
runs on PCI. (or maybe they don't on the 1 Gigs?

Anyway, just use Apple System Profiler (or 'About This Mac'' under
Apple menu, click 'More Info').

When my Firewire port was fried (due to Apple's neglect to include a
breaker on the firewire port previous to the 800mHz Ti-Books), the
Firewire circuit no longer showed up in ASP. I see 'firewire' in ASP,
now, because I have a firewire card installed in the PC slot.

How many cards did you try in the slot? If only one, was a device
driver needed/installed? And, does the card icon show up in OS 9
(assuming you can boot up in 9)?

~flipper