[Ti] Blocking AIM, iChat, etc

JFL jfl1970 at mac.com
Mon Jun 28 10:17:09 PDT 2004

Regarding blocking Chat programs for those chatty teenagers, here's
something which might work or not. Never tried it -- might be talking
out of my ear, but hear goes...

Couldn't you set up your teen with her own account -- and put all
chatting apps in your account, which to my understanding will not show
up if she's logged onto her own.

Your teen couldn't download anything because OS X maybe asks for an
admin password to install apps? Or can you deny users the ability to
install anything?

And you'll have to block access to www.aim.com and other webbased
chatters.

I've never used users before as I'm my only user. So my grasp on this is
a bit light.

- J