[Ti] Tibook screen replacement how/where?

Leander Hutton lh59281 at appstate.edu
Tue Jun 29 22:34:36 PDT 2004

Nooo don't do that ... long live the Ti!!! ;-)

OK now that my insane rant it out of the way for the evening ...

Well do you need OS 9 boot for anything?  I use a couple of programs
that aren't Classic friendly (and there is no OS X version of) so I
have to boot back in to OS 9.  That is the only real reason to hold on
to a Ti that  I can think of.  Unless you are like me and really,
really, REALLY like your ports in the back, but that's another story.

Have you looked at this site http://www.pbfixit.com ?  They have the Ti
display, casing and all for $800.00 and $600.00 (the cheaper one is
"b-stock" and may have some keyboard marks on the screen and or minor
scratches on the casing according the their site).  I ordered a
WallStreet keyboard from them a few months ago.  It was used and looked
it with the typical wear marks but it worked.

But at any rate look around to some other sites too and you might be
able to find the screen + casing combo for cheaper than the arm and a
leg that Apple wants to charge I'm sure. ;-)

Hope this helps...
Leander
TiPowerBook Stats
TiPB 867Mhz