DVD Region Code Free Firmware for DVD-R UJ-816

Wilson Ng wilsonng at mail.com
Wed Mar 3 18:04:59 PST 2004

I work around it by going to Systems Preferences > CDs & DVDs and change the
default action "When you insert a video DVD" to "Ignore" or have it open
VLC.

VLC can play any region DVD without resetting the drive region.

I have VLC and DVD Player on my dock so it is easy to access either
application. For my US DVDs, I use DVD player. For foreign DVDs, I just
launch VLC.

I'm assuming that you would want to play any region DVD. VLC is the easiest
solution without tampering with firmware.

On 3/4/04 7:26 AM, the Defendant "PowerBook G4 Titanium List"
<Titanium at lists.themacintoshguy.com> said:

> From: "Dave Cedrone" <d_cedrone at hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Ti] DVD Region Code Free Firmware for DVD-R UJ-816
> Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:02:55 -0500
>
> Has anyone run that firmware on a TiBook 1gig with a UJ815 and had success?
> i'm trying to figure out if its worth it, just seems so dangerous... read
> through cynikals site and all of the forum posts....

:-)  Wilson - Guam, U.S.A.

- - - P L E A S E   C U T   A L O N G   D O T T E D   L I N E - - -
You can bend my ear
We can talk all day
Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say.  -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET