[Ti] CD stuck in drive

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Thu Mar 4 09:06:19 PST 2004

My reply was directed towards Corey, not towards you. :-p  It was never
clarified whether the case was actually interfering for Corey or not;
since he mentioned that it wasn't mounting either, I'm guessing that
the drive just wasn't recognizing that it was holding a disc, not that
the case was interfering with the ejection.

If all you want is to remove the felt dust cover, that just uses a
little adhesive to stick on the case.  You can remove the DVD drive and
peel it off.  I wouldn't recommend cutting the carbon fiber part of the
case, however (it's not plastic).  You might consider putting a few
sheets of paper or business cards in the case though in the proper
location to try and align the optical drive with the case opening,
though.