[Ti] DVD Region Code Free Firmware for DVD-R UJ-816

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Sat Mar 6 13:00:46 PST 2004

At 08:08 -0600 6/3/04, Chris Cargen wrote:
>Trevor,
>
>I missed the earlier part of your answer to the thread below.
>
>What is "VLC"?
>
>My objective is to be able to play DVD from any region on my 1.25 Ghz
>Al-book.
>
>Please clue me in.

Chris - the VLC media player is an open source
project.  See http://www.videolan.org,
where you can download the latest version 0.7.1a
from
<http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/0.7.1/macosx/vlc-0.7.1a.dmg>,
and also read:

Free Software and Open Source video streaming solution for every OS!

  The VideoLAN project targets multimedia
streaming of MPEG-1,  MPEG-2, MPEG-4 and DivX
files, DVDs, digital  satellite channels, digital
terrestial television channels and live  videos
on a high-bandwidth IPv4 or IPv6 network in
unicast or  multicast under many OSes. VideoLAN
also features a cross-plaform  multimedia player,
VLC, which can be used  to read the stream from
the network or display video read locally on the
computer under all GNU/Linux flavours, all BSD
flavours, Windows, Mac OS X,  BeOS, Solaris, QNX,
Familiar Linux...

HTH

Trevor