[Ti] more about that disappearing disk space

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Sat Mar 6 14:30:37 PST 2004

2004-03-06 kl. 22.54 skrev Michael:

>>> Unix will eventually free up the disk space;
>>
> in my experience, about 20 minutes or so... that's walking away from
> my Mac.  Unix maintenance tasks are generally low priority and won't
> run if you are constantly making demands on processor/memory.
That's definitly isn't my experience. I have 768 MB RAM in a 400 Mhz
Tibook and I do eat for longer than 20 minutes several times a day :-),
leaving the computer to act at it's own will. However it will go to
sleep fairly quickly. Are you suggesting that I should change the sleep
time to something longer in order to achieve Unix maintenance?

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 030828
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)