Here is a strange on from the Far Side - Yuah, Ha, Ha!

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Mon Mar 8 11:09:09 PST 2004

OK, I am doing my work in Entourage when all of a sudden I hear a dog bark.
That's strange, there is no dog around here! And it is so darn realistic and
convincing. It sounds to me like a German Shepherd giving a warning bark.

So I investigate. I find two files labelled "Dog Bark." The one that I keep
hearing in Entourage is the one I downloaded a while back and resides in a
folder labelled Skywalker Software and is in an iTunes folder. (The other
sounds more like a Beagle and resides in a different folder - with the
iMovie sounds). It is not used by any application on my Hard Drive, but only
sits there.

This only occurs in Entourage and it occurs when I am typing out a message.
Or doing a mundane task - nothing that would explain access of a sound file
residing somewhere on drive.

Any ideas anybody?

Jg