Airport and generic PCMCIA

Joel Hopwood hopwood at zhian.com
Wed Mar 10 06:01:54 PST 2004

>> Does anyone know if the latest Airport software does in fact work with
>>  3rd
>> party cards?
>
> Using 10.3.2 with Airport version 3.2 and a Sonnet Aria Extreme PCMCIA
> card (802.11g) with no problems (original TiBook 500).
>
> I think that I'm one monor Airport update behind.

So how does it work? Did you simply put the card in and the Airport tab
appears, or what? Because mine doesn't do that! I put the card in and an
icon appears on the menu bar (just a generic PCMCIA icon with an option to
power off the card) - but nothing else happens. What else do I need to do
to use Airport?

Thanks for your help

Joel