[Ti] G5 powerbook: any educated guesses out there?

Lorin Rivers lrivers at mac.com
Wed Mar 10 22:18:03 PST 2004

I took a look at the lifespan of a PowerBook family, based on history.

The shortest time between revisions on a similar platform (i.e., speed
bump, video card, and so on) was 6 months. That has happened once.
Average is 8 months. The average lifespan of a model family (i.e.,
TiBook) is around 2 years. I'd say that a G5 PowerBook is at least 12
months away, and it's unlikely that there'll be a speed bump until this
summer.

I am frequently wrong, however.

Also, I'd be happy to accept donations for me to purchase a new
PowerBook -- that will certainly hasten the delivery of a new model, if
personal history serves.

Lorin Rivers
Marketing Professional
<mailto:lrivers at mac.com>