[Ti] importing movies in to iMovie

Yuta Hsu yhsu at mac.com
Thu Mar 11 06:37:38 PST 2004

Hey Trevor...

iMovie imports video as raw DV, which takes about 13GB/hour.  So, even
though you're importing a 400MB QT file, iMovie converts it to DV (so
20 minutes needs about 4GB of space), thus your error.  Some people
complain about Apple's insistence of using DV for it's video apps, but
I think they do that to preserve video quality while editing and save
lossy compression for later.  Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Yuta