[Ti] Slow finder on a 17" Al

khyber courchesne courchesne at onebox.com
Fri Mar 12 00:03:22 PST 2004

LISBETH, Its very hard to pin down.  Because this computer is a few days
old, I called Apple and the tech wasn't able to offer a solution.  I have
since installed a fresh copy of panther, and the problem is still there
right out of the box. The apple discussion boards have threads that are 200
long with problems that are either identical or similar.  Most pin the blame
on one of the recent security updates, 10.3.2, or a crash monitor that can
be disabled in terminal or console or something.

It is frustrating to be so excited about getting a new machine and have
something as basic as the Finder pretty much DOA.  Because the 17 inch is
amazing to behold.  I wish it worked.  Sigh.