[Ti] [OT] Windows Network connection fails in 10.3.3

Arjan Bos arjan.bos at hetnet.nl
Thu Mar 18 12:31:40 PST 2004

On 18 mrt 2004, at 21:05, Justin R. Miller wrote:

> On Mar 18, 2004, at 1:00 PM, Arjan Bos wrote:
>
>> I connect to the smb:// server, and pre 10.3.3 I would get a dialog
>> box where I could enter my domain name, user-id and password. Now
>> with 10.3.3 I do not get the dialog box anymore. The result is that
>> my log-on fails.
>>
>> Anyone knows how to get that dialog box back? Or are there other,
>> more unixy, ways to tell the samba share my credentials?
>
> Are the username and password  stored in your keychain?  If so, it
> will try automatically.  The failure dialog should have a
> 'Re-authenticate' option, or you can possibly remove the entry from
> your keychain with the corresponding utility.  That's my best guess at
> what is happening.

Thanks for your guess. It was the first place I looked too. I never
added the uid / pwd combination to my keychain. So that's not it :-(

BTW, I try to never store any uid / pwd combination anywhere on my
laptop. If someone gains unauthorised access to my laptop, he can plug
it in at my work and create havoc in my name.

Arjan

---
"You can't second-guess ineffability, I always say."

-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)