[Ti] "Check Pref Files." (was: iChat and 10.3.3)

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Sun Mar 21 20:27:28 PST 2004

At 11:36 PM +0300 3/21/04, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

>My only remaining issue is in Eudora 6.1b4, where I see the spinning beach ball quite often during just typing text.  That is probably a beta issue.

This is from a post on the PowerList. I use it and it works.

> I can't even use Eudora without a 5-10 second beach ball every few minutes when using a modem.
>--
>
>Regards,
>
>Steve  (is tv wake zone?)

There is an instant fix for the Eudora spinning ball problem after Panther:

double click in Eudora,

x-eudora-setting:154=y

Something to do with the call Apple provides to check network
availability in Panther checking all the time.

Works for Eudora 6.0, didn't try Eudora 6.0.2 but its a known problem and fixed from reading the info.

--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)