Vacationing TiBook

Steve Parker Steve at ParkerPress.com
Tue Mar 23 07:42:07 PST 2004

on 3/22/04 7:48 PM, PowerBook G4 Titanium List at
Titanium at lists.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> I am looking for suggestions to get thru security with no damage to my
> Ti (I hear they are not too friendly to electronics), suggestions for
> maximum battery life while watching movies, and any general suggestions
> for my Ti. It is over a year old and still looks brand new and I would
> love to keep it that way.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Tim Leverenz

Tim,

I travel weekly within the US, and carry a whole backpack full of electronic
gear with me. I carry two notebooks, palm pilot, phone, hardware
firewall/router, and all the cabling that implies.

I've never had a problem with security. Yes, it can be a pain to open the
pack at take out two computers and put them in bins, but if you're worried
about X-Rays affecting your machine.... Don't. This TiPB has about 250,000
miles on it, been through X-Ray machines hundreds of times, and has worked
flawlessly throughout.

I can't say the same for a woman I saw put her DOG through the X-Ray machine
in Detroit a couple months back. The security scanner about fell out of her
chair in shock when she saw the images.... I wish I would have had my camera
gear out, would have made the front page of Life magazine (inside joke)....
None of the people in line could believe she had a dog in the bag either....
(yes, a live dog, not a stuffed animal)

Steve

--
Steve Parker                O-                   Steve ParkerPress com
                                   (you know where the @ and the . Go)

"It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of
human cloning to come out of that chamber."

- George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 10, 2002