[Ti] 15" AlBook Refurb report

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Thu Mar 25 16:05:31 PST 2004

On 25.3.2004 15:25, "geno at barbaloot.com" <geno at barbaloot.com> wrote:

> Yeah I just purchased a refurbished iBook (900MHz, 12inch, combo) from apple
> for
> $848. It came in a brown box instead of the normal white one, and the box says
> refurbished on it. But I can't tell that it's not new.
>
> geno.

Mostly the refurbs, at least a few I have purchased from time to time, are
fine.   But you can ck the serial number and for instance, on your ibook,
instead of UV318XXXXXX it will read RMXXXXXXXX, the RM  marking it as a
refurb.  I would be curious to see if the serial number was changed on that
17" that was mentioned earlier and purchased as a refurb.