Broken memory clip, ticking noise

John simplymail at ururk.com
Sun Mar 28 21:11:43 PST 2004

Hello list, two distinct problems with my PB G4 550:

I hear a ticking coming from the area where my inverter board is.
Should I be worried? It is like a clock, "tick, tick, tick". It still
buzzes, but hey, that isn't that big of a deal.

Even though I was very very careful, it appears that over time the
memory clip on my PB has broken. It looks like the part retaining the
chip on the right side has worn away. I haven't had any problems
(crashing, "lost" memory) *yet*, but again, is there anything I can do?
  I should stress the words "worn away". The plastic clip is as springy
as it should be, but the part that the chip pushes against vertically
appears to have sheared off (partially).

I do not plan to upgrade till there is a more compelling PB out there
(ie, G5), and can wait a few years if need be.

Thanks!!!

John