[Ti] WiFi for Wallstreet

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Mon Mar 29 07:15:32 PST 2004

At 6:13 AM -0800 3/29/04, Tim Heitzman wrote:

>Can anyone recommend a good wireless card for my vintage Wallstreet?  I want to be able to use it on wifi hotspots when I travel.

You might find an original [silver] AirPort Base Station really cheap.

You can take it apart and extract the Orinoco silver card. It's 802.11b only but for everything most people do, that's all the performance you'll ever see with any card.

This card works in a Wallstreet with no additional software - Apple's Airport software works with this card in a Wallstreet.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)