[Ti] dvd disk image

Justin R. Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Mon Mar 29 18:18:57 PST 2004

On Mar 29, 2004, at 11:02 PM, TM Buffalo wrote:

> I read somewhere that you can copy a dvd movie as a disk image and
> then watch it on your laptop which is  less cpu intensive and hence
> longer battery life. Was a dream or is this true and what is a disk
> image anyhoo.

I have found this to be the case with some DVDs, but sometime
encryption prevents the mounted image from working.  To make an image,
use Disk Utility in the Applications/Utilities folder.

In a related vein, does anyone know if it's possible in any way to
output an iDVD project to an image?  I don't have a SuperDrive and I'd
love to be able to make a "DVD" and then burn it elsewhere.  Somehow I
think this is not possible, though, and is wishful thinking :-)

--
Justin R. Miller
incanus at codesorcery.net
PGP key at http://codesorcery.net/pubkey.html