[Ti] Best place for TiBook/iBook memory...

TM Buffalo macgal44 at mac.com
Mon Mar 29 22:24:53 PST 2004

I have a Ti867 and installed memory chip myself but got scared of
taking off bottom to install airport card so i went  to apple store and
had them do the card. Memory just goes under keyboard, Super easy to
do. Same with iBook. I installed memory in my daughters iBook too.

Apple web site has instructions with how to do pics.

I have heard that Tibooks are sensitive to type of memory and don't
like, respond well, to cheap/generic memory, so you might keep that in
mind.

I am looking to get a 512 chip upgrade myself now that I am learning
photoshop (yikes) so please post if you find a good deal on decent
brand of memory. the high end brand that everybody recommends is
crucial but quite pricey.

I bought my memory from microcenter, kingston brand, I think and it
works fine.
just my 2cents
TmB