[Ti] dvd disk image

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Tue Mar 30 01:38:38 PST 2004

On 30 Mar 2004, at 03:18, Justin R. Miller wrote:

> On Mar 29, 2004, at 11:02 PM, TM Buffalo wrote:
>
>> I read somewhere that you can copy a dvd movie as a disk image and
>> then watch it on your laptop which is  less cpu intensive and hence
>> longer battery life. Was a dream or is this true and what is a disk
>> image anyhoo.

In theory this is possible, but the copyright protection on DVDs is the
most advanced you will find (still took around 2 weeks for the cracker
community to break it). What you will need is some tool that can copy
the entire DVD, including information that is normally skipped. No idea
which tool though.