[Ti] Kernal Panic leaving mail app open

T Molnar tam at em.ca
Tue Mar 30 01:44:12 PST 2004

I regularly run Cocktail for maintenance.
It's asleep during this time.
I have run Techtools as part of my apple warranty deal and nothing
shows up as wrong.

Fortunately I have the extended warranty but its disconcerting to have
my apparently stable
powerbook do this.

I suppose I really need to get a firewire drive and clone this system
so I can do a totally
new system, then bring back what I need.

I am just so busy and dependent on the system right now I can't do it.

tim

On Mar 30, 2004, at 1:35 AM, Tarik Bilgin wrote:

> On 30 Mar 2004, at 01:38, Kim Gammelgaard wrote:
>
>> Hardly something to do with Mail. I have been running mail for weeks
>> without
>> a reboot. More likely some hardware issue, or perhaps you need to run
>> Repair
>> Permissions using Disk Utility.
>>
>> Do you have USB-devices other than the original mouse and keyboard
>> attached?
>> They used to be culprits in earlier versions of OSX, which reminds
>> me, what
>> OS are you using ?
>>

> Another probability is an overheat? Is the PB sleeping all that time
> or not?
>
> --

> Need help from a real person? Try.

> http://macinternetaccess.com