verizon and mac

Charles Shere charlesshere at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 31 17:21:29 PST 2004

I wrote "Toni" at Verizon to complain about their dropping Mac support,
and within a few hours received a reply from John, Verizon Wireless
Data Technical Support. He wrote, in part,

> Verizon Wireless has developed a strong identity, as a company, for
> doing things "right" when we jump into new areas of the wireless
> service business and at this point, our business strategy and
> financial teams say there is not a strong business case that would
> lead us to dedicate the human and financial resources required to
> support Mac.
>
> As a result, we are not currently in a place to offer assistance in
> the event that connectivity or other technical issues arise for
> Macintosh devices.

So there you have it. If and when I find a company that covers my area,
which is a little remote, and that supports Macintosh, I'll drop
Verizon quick -- letting them know why, of course.

--
Charles Shere
http://www.shere.org