[Ti] Director MX 2004

Renaud Dreyer rdreyer at math.berkeley.edu
Sun May 2 14:03:18 PDT 2004

Le dimanche, 2 mai 2004, à 13:52 US/Pacific, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley a
écrit :

> At 13:25 -0700 2/5/04, Renaud Dreyer wrote:
>> Le dimanche, 2 mai 2004, à 10:42 US/Pacific, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley a
>> écrit :
>>

>>> I have downloaded, installed and am trying to run (a trial version
>>> of) Macromedia Director MX 2004 on my Al-book, under 10.3.3.
>>>
>>> It launches and then a few seconds later, it crashes, giving the
>>> following Log:
>>>

>> I'd suggest moving all your Mac OS 9 fonts to another folder and
>> restarting. If Dreamweaver then works correctly, it means one of your
>> OS 9 fonts is corrupt and you can try to find the culprit and replace
>> it. Ciao,
>
> Renaud,
>
> In fact DreamWeaver MX (v 6) works fine.
>
> It is just Director MX that refuses to launch.
>
> Do you think that this could also be related to fonts?
>
> As far as I can see, the only OS9 fonts I have are in the System
> Folder that is the basis of Classic, and this is on another separate
> partition from OS X.

I found the following URL:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/fireworks/ts/documents/
fwmx_corrupt_font.htm

It applies to font corruption in Fireworks MX, but I would be willing
to bet that the same problem exists in Director. Ciao,

           Renaud