[Ti] New 1.5ghz PowerBook up and running

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Mon May 3 16:26:33 PDT 2004

On 3.5.2004 16:01, "John Griffin" <jwegriffin at mac.com> wrote:

> John Griffin typed this message on 5/3/04 4:33 PM:
>
>> I am now the proud owner of a 15" 1.5ghz Albook with 128M video, 5400rpm
>> Hard Drive and one 1g RAM module (another will be added when the price is
>> right). Pretty nice so far!
>
> I should also warn that the airport signal strength is less than what one
> might expect. From my desk with my 1ghz Tibook, I got an 80% signal. Now I
> can't get close to 70% - it's more like 65% most of the time.
>
> Does anyone know where the antenna are supposed to be on this edition of the
> Albook?
>
> jg

I was surprised by this as well. I just set up a new AL 15" 1.5GHz today and
noticed that the signal strength was less than my 1GHz Ti book.  I had read
and understood, that with the antenna now in the lid as it was in the Pismo,
that the reception was better than on the Ti models.  All the reports I have
read state that as well.  So, I was a bit surprised to find the signal
strength as less on the new ALBook.
Cheers